In observance of Statehood Day, County of Kaua‘i offices will be closed on Friday, Aug. 19.
Closures also include the following facilities on Friday, Aug. 19:
- COVID-19 mobile testing at the Kalāheo Neighborhood Center;
- COVID-19 testing at the Kaua‘i War Memorial Convention Hall;
- all neighborhood centers;
- the Puhi Metals Recycling Center;
- the Reynolds Recycling HI5 Redemption Center in Līhu‘e;
- the Kekaha Landfill;
- all refuse transfer stations; and
- the Waimea swimming pool.
The schedule for residential refuse pick-up will remain unchanged.
On Aug. 19, the Kaua‘i Resource Center will be open for the Salvation Army Reuse event only. No other services will be available.
Kaua‘i Community Recycling Services (KCRS) HI5 Redemption Centers in Kapa‘a and Kīlauea will be open.
The Kaua‘i Bus will be operating on its regular schedule on the holiday.
Regular business hours for county offices and services will resume on Monday, Aug. 22.
For more information on regular pool hours, please visit the Department of Parks and Recreation website, www.kauai.gov/Parks, or call 808-241-4460.
For more information about The Kaua‘i Bus, please visit the Transportation website, www.kauai.gov/transportation, or call 808-246-8110.
For more information about recycling and waste disposal, please visit the Recycling website, www.kauai.gov/recycling, or call 808-241-4841.