Reminder: Bottle Caps Not Accepted For HI5 Redemption Centers
The county Public Works Solid Waste Division is reminding the public that bottle caps are not accepted at HI5 redemption centers or in Kaua‘i Recycles green drop bins.
Because of new markings on certain beverage containers, the caps are not part of the HI5 beverage program segregated rate and cannot be adequately processed and baled by the county’s recycling contractor.
Printed phrases such as “Recycle bottle with cap on” should be ignored and not recycled.
Kaua‘i Hi5 redemption center locations are:
- Kīlauea, 5-2723 Kūhiō Highway, behind the Anaina Hou mini-golf. Hours are 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Līhu‘e, 3460 Ahukini Road, operated by Reynolds Recycling. Hours are 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Saturday, closed for lunch from noon-1:30 p.m.
- Kapa‘a, 962 Kipuhi Way, past Gather Federal Credit Union in the Arzadon Industrial Center. Hours are 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.
- Kōloa, 2810 Po‘ipū Road, next to the Kōloa Fire Station. Hours are 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Thursdays and Sundays.
- Kekaha, across from the old Kekaha Sugar mill. Hours are 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays.
For more information about the HI5 program, click here or call 808-241-4841.