County Announces Closures in Observance of King Kamehameha Day
In observance of King Kamehameha Day, all county offices will be closed Friday, June 10. In addition, the following facilities and services will be closed Friday:
- COVID-19 mobile testing at Kalāheo Neighborhood Center.
- COVID-19 testing at Kaua‘i War Memorial Convention Hall.
- All neighborhood centers.
Holiday closures also will include the following facilities on Saturday, June 11:
- Kekaha Landfill.
- Kapa‘a and Waimea swimming pools.
- All refuse transfer stations.
- Puhi Metals Recycling Center.
- Reynolds Recycling HI5 Redemption Center in Līhu‘e.
The HI5 redemption center, operated by Kaua‘i Community Recycling Services in Kīlauea, will be open during regular hours from 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
The schedule for residential refuse pick up will remain unchanged, and The Kaua‘i Bus will operate on its regular schedule during the holiday weekend.
Regular business hours for county offices and services will resume Monday, June 13.
For more information about regular pool hours, visit the county Department of Parks and Recreation website or call 808-241-4460.
For more information about The Kaua‘i Bus, visit the county Transportation website or call 808-246-8110.
For more information about recycling and waste disposal, visit the county Recycling website or call 808-241-4841.