Kaua‘i Poke Fest Returns This Weekend
Get your taste buds ready for some exceptional poke this weekend as the Kaua‘i Poke Fest with Sam Choy & Friends returns to Kōloa Landing Resort.
The 2022 installment of the poke festival is scheduled for 4-7 p.m. Saturday, May 28, at the resort located at 2641 Po‘ipū Road in Kōloa. All events and tastings will take place in the ballroom and on the garden lawn.
Professional and amateur chefs with original poke recipes will compete for Hawai‘i’s best poke. Dishes will be judged by a panel of media and foodie influencers based on several criteria, including presentation, originality and taste. A poke demonstration will also be given by the “Godfather of Poke,” Sam Choy himself.
Proceeds from the festival benefit the Kaua‘i Charity Walk.
The schedule of events is as follows:
- 3 p.m.: Tasting room opens to VIP ticket holders only.
- 4 p.m.: Opening ceremony.
- 4:30 p.m.: Tasting room opens to all ticket holders.
- 6:30 p.m.: Poke demonstration with chef Sam Choy.
- 7 p.m.: Closing ceremony and announcement of winners.
Tickets for the 2022 Kaua‘i Poke Fest are still available. For more information about the festival or to purchase tickets, click here.