15K Free COVID Test Kits to Be Handed Out on Kaua‘i
A third round of free COVID-19 home test kits will be available to Kaua‘i residents from May 2-6.
The free test kits are provided by the County of Kaua‘i, in partnership with the Department of Health Kaua‘i District Health Office, using federal funding. Approximately 15,000 kits will be handed out, with a limit of five tests per individual/household, on a first-come, first-served basis.
The distribution schedule will be as follows:
Monday, May 2:
- Kekaha Neighborhood Center – 9 a.m. to noon
- Waimea Neighborhood Center – 1 to 4 p.m.
Tuesday, May 3:
- Hanalei Neighborhood Center – 9 a.m. to noon
- Kīlauea Neighborhood Center – 1 to 4 p.m.
Wednesday, May 4:
- Hanapēpē Neighborhood Center – 9 a.m. to noon
- Kalāheo Neighborhood Center – 1 to 4 p.m.
Thursday, May 5:
- Anahola Clubhouse – 9 a.m. to noon
- Bryan J. Baptiste Sports Complex in Kapa‘a – 1 to 4 p.m.
Friday, May 6:
- Kōloa Neighborhood Center – 9 a.m. to noon
- Līhu‘e Neighborhood Center – 1 to 4 p.m.
Additionally, the public is reminded that free test kits from the federal government can be ordered through http://covidtest.gov and delivered by mail.
In addition to the home test kits, the County of Kaua‘i and Kaua‘i District Health Office continues to provide free rapid PCR COVID-19 testing with same-day results. The testing sites have sufficient capacity and there is no need to arrive early.
The Kaua‘i War Memorial Convention Hall testing center is located at 4191 Hardy Street in Līhuʻe. It’s open Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and is closed on weekends and holidays.
The mobile testing van is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at a different community each day: Wednesdays at Kekaha Neighborhood Center, Thursdays at Kīlauea Neighborhood Center, Fridays at Kalāheo Neighborhood Center, Saturdays at Hanalei Neighborhood Center, and Sundays in Kapa‘a at the Bryan J. Baptiste Sports Complex.
For a full list of testing sites, visit www.kauai.gov/covidtest.