DPS Reports No New COVID Cases Among Inmates at KCCC
Only negative COVID-19 test results among inmates across the board throughout the state’s correctional facilities were reported Monday, March 7, by the state Department of Public Safety.
That includes 22 negative inmate tests at Kaua’i Community Correctional Center in Līhu’e.
COVID testing is continuously being conducted in state prisons and jails as well as in the contracted Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, Ariz.
The latest testing updates received for correctional facilities are as follows:
- Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center: One inmate recovery and one staff recovery reported. There were also 22 negative inmate test results.
- Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center: Five negative inmate test results.
- Halawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): 95 inmates have recovered. Two negative inmate test results.
- O‘ahu Community Correctional Center: 22 inmates have recovered. Three negative inmate test result.
- Maui Community Correctional Center: 10 inmates have recovered. The facility is clear of all active COVID-19 cases.
The Department of Public Safety continues to encourage all staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
DPS on Monday also suspended its daily COVID update press releases. However, detailed inmate testing data, the department’s Pandemic Plan and information about response efforts made to safeguard inmates, staff and the public will still be updated daily on DPS’s dedicated COVID-19 webpage.