DPS: 3 Negative COVID Tests Among Inmates at KCCC
The state Department of Public Safety reported Friday, March 4, three negative COVID-19 tests among inmates at Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center in Līhuʻe.
COVID testing is continuously being conducted in state prisons and jails as well as in the contracted Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, Ariz.
The latest testing updates for correctional facilities are:
- Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center: Three negative inmate test results.
- Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center (Big Island): One positive employee test result was reported. Four negative inmate test results.
- Halawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): 14 inmates have recovered.
- Maui Community Correctional Center: 11 negative staff test results.
- O‘ahu Community Correctional Center: One negative inmate test result.
The Department of Public Safety continues to encourage all staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
For more detailed inmate testing data, DPS’s Pandemic Plan and information about response efforts made to safeguard inmates, staff and the public, visit the department’s dedicated COVID-19 webpage.