DPS Reports No New Positive COVID Tests Among KCCC Inmates
The state Department of Public Safety reported no new positive COVID-19 test results among inmates at Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center in Līhuʻe.
DPS reported Thursday, March 3, in a news release that all three inmate tests in a recent batch returned with negative results.
COVID testing is continuously being conducted in state prisons and jails as well as in the contracted Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, Ariz.
The latest testing updates for correctional facilities are as follows:
- Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center: Three negative inmate test results.
- Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center (Big Island): 46 negative inmate test results. One employee has recovered.
- Kulani Correctional Facility (Big Island): Six negative inmate test results and 12 negative staff test results.
- O‘ahu Community Correctional Center: 175 negative inmate test results.
- Halawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): 24 negative inmate test results.
The Department of Public Safety continues to encourage all staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID vaccine.
For more detailed inmate testing data, the department’s Pandemic Plan and information about response efforts made to safeguard inmates, staff and the public, visit the DPS dedicated COVID-19 webpage.