Overnight Water Service Shutdown Scheduled in Kapa‘a
The county is notifying residents in several locations in Kapa‘a that their water service will be shut off overnight this week.
The Department of Water in a news release announced an overnight water service shutdown to allow contractor Grace Pacific LLC to conduct valve relocation work. Water service will be turned off to Mailihuna Road, Kolohala Road, Silva Road, Makamaka Street and Keapana Road in Kapa‘a from 9 p.m.-5 a.m. Feb. 23-24, weather permitting.
Additionally, customers located on a portion of Kawaihau Road from Nunu Road to Iwaena Road, including Haua‘ala Road, Pelehu Road, Nunu Road, I‘iwi Road, Iwaena Road, Mimilo Road and Iwaena Loop, can expect to experience low water pressure during the shutdown.
Customers located within the service area are advised to prepare for the water service shutdown by taking the following steps:
- Store water to meet their needs until water service can be restored.
- Notify neighbors, family and friends of the water service shutdown.
- Those with faulty water heaters should ensure their water heaters do not empty during the shutdown.
- Business and organizations should prepare accordingly for the service shutdown.
- Monitor water service updates online.
Door-to-door notices were delivered to the affected service area.
Road work and intermittent lane closures also might be in place to create a safe work zone in the area. Flagger personnel will be in place to assist.
For more information, call the Department of Water at 245-5461.