DPS Reports No New Positive COVID Tests Among Inmates at KCCC
The state Department of Public Safety on Tuesday, Feb. 15, reported no new positive test results among inmates at Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center in Līhuʻe.
According to a news release, the most recent testing updates for KCCC included 14 negative inmate test results.
COVID testing is continuously being conducted in state prisons and jails, as well as in the contracted Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, Ariz.
The latest testing updates for correctional facilities are as follows:
- Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center: 14 negative inmate test results.
- Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center (Big Island): Nine negative inmate test results.
- Kulani Correctional Facility (Big Island): Two negative inmate test results.
- Halawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): 83 inmate test results; four positive, 79 negative. One employee has recovered.
- Women’s Community Correctional Center (O‘ahu): 14 negative inmate test results.
- O‘ahu Community Correctional Center: Three negative inmate test results.
- Maui Community Correctional Center: One negative inmate test result. The one remaining positive employee has recovered. The facility is clear of all staff-related COVID cases.
The Department of Public Safety continues to encourage all staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
For more detailed inmate testing data, the department’s Pandemic Plan and information about response efforts made to safeguard inmates, staff and the public, visit the DPS dedicated COVID-19 webpage.