State Reports 13 Positive COVID Test Results Among KCCC Inmates
The state Department of Public Safety on Tuesday, Feb. 1, reported 13 positive COVID-19 test results among inmates at Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center in Līhuʻe.
COVID-19 testing is continuously being conducted in state prisons and jails as well as in the contracted Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, Ariz.
The latest testing updates for correctional facilities are as follows:
- Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center: 28 inmate test results; 13 positive, 15 negative.
- Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center (Big Island): 10 inmate test results; 10 negative.
- Women’s Community Correctional Center (O‘ahu): 23 inmate test results; eight positive, 15 negative.
- O‘ahu Community Correctional Center: 112 inmate test results; 14 positive, 98 negative. Two staff have recovered.
- Halawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): 194 inmate test results; 60 positive, 134 negative. Two positive employee test results were received. One employee has recovered.
- Waiawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): 36 inmate test results; 36 negative.
- Saguaro Correctional Center: 273 inmate test results; 27 positive, 246 negative.
COVID-19 updates for other DPS divisions are as follows:
- Administration: One positive staff test result reported.
The Department of Public Safety continues to encourage all staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
For more detailed inmate testing data, the department’s Pandemic Plan and information about response efforts made to safeguard inmates, staff and public, visit the DPS’s dedicated COVID-19 webpage.