Free COVID Home Tests to Be Distributed This Week
The county, in partnership with the state Department of Health Kaua‘i District Health Office, will distribute free COVID-19 home test kits this week at county neighborhood centers.
Distribution is slated for Monday through Friday at the centers.
“I sincerely thank our partners with the Department of Health for making this community distribution possible,” said Mayor Derek Kawakami. “This, along with the federal distribution of home test kits, will help to ensure availability and access to testing above and beyond what is currently provided by our county operations and private sector providers.”
Approximately 15,000 COVID-19 home test kits will be distributed, with a limit of five tests per individual/household, on a first-come, first-served basis.
The distribution schedule will be as follows:
Monday, Jan. 24
- 9 a.m.-noon at the Kekaha Neighborhood Center.
- 1-4 p.m. at the Waimea Neighborhood Center.
Tuesday, Jan. 25
- 9 a.m.-noon at the Hanalei Neighborhood Center.
- 1-4 p.m. at the Kīlauea Neighborhood Center.
Wednesday, Jan. 26
- 9 a.m.-noon at the Hanapēpē Neighborhood Center.
- 1-4 p.m. at the Kalāheo Neighborhood Center.
Thursday, Jan. 27
- 9 a.m.-noon at the Anahola Clubhouse.
1-4 p.m. at the Kapa‘a Neighborhood Center.
Friday, Jan. 28
- 9 a.m.-noon at the Kōloa Neighborhood Center.
- 1-4 p.m. at the Līhu‘e Neighborhood Center.
Free testing is also available islandwide. For a full list of testing sites and additional details, click here.