4 KCCC Inmates Test Negative for COVID
Four inmates at Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center received negative COVID test results and one employee has recovered, according to the state Department of Public Safety.
COVID-19 testing is continuously being conducted in state prisons and jails as well as in the contracted Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, Ariz.
The latest testing updates received for the correctional facilities are as follows:
- O‘ahu Community Correctional Center: 152 inmate test results; 21 positive, 131 negative. One employee has recovered.
- Waiawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): 162 inmate results; 15 positive, 147 negative. One employee has recovered.
- Saguaro Correctional Center: One positive inmate test result. All inmate movement is suspended as mass testing is underway.
- Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center: One positive inmate test result.
- Halawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): One positive staff test result and two staff recoveries reported. One negative inmate test result.
- Maui Community Correctional Center: 14 negative inmate test results. 30 negative staff test results. Three employees have recovered.
- Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center: Four negative inmate test results. One employee has recovered.
- Women’s Community Correctional Center (O‘ahu): One negative inmate test result.
COVID-19 updates for other Public Safety divisions are:
- Sheriff Division: One positive employee test result. Four employees have recovered.
There are no inmates or staff reported hospitalized. The department continues to encourage all staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
For more detailed inmate testing data, The DPS Pandemic Plan and information about response efforts made to safeguard inmates, staff and public, click here.