The state Department of Public Safety on Wednesday released updated testing results for Hawai’i prisons and jails as well as the contracted Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, Ariz.
COVID-19 testing is being continuously conducted in the state’s prisons and jails and the Arizona correctional facility.
The latest testing data are as follows:
- Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center: Two positive staff test results; four negative inmate test results.
- Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center (Big Island): Two inmate test results – one positive, one negative.
- Maui Community Correctional Center: 46 staff test results – three positive, 43 negative; 45 negative inmate test results.
- Halawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): 12 inmate test results – one positive, 11 negative; one positive staff test result, five employees have recovered.
- O‘ahu Community Correctional Center: Four positive staff test results, three employees have recovered.
- Waiawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): Six negative inmate test results.
Updates for other Public Safety divisions are as follows:
- Sheriff Division: Three positive staff test results.
- Administrative Division (O‘ahu): Two positive staff test results.
The Department of Public Safety continues to encourage all staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
For more detailed inmate testing data, the department’s Pandemic Plan and information about response efforts made to safeguard inmates, staff and the public, visit the DPS’s dedicated COVID-19 webpage.