State: Two KCCC Staff Members Test Positive for COVID
The state Department of Public Safety on Wednesday released updated testing results for Hawai’i prisons and jails as well as the contracted Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, Ariz.
COVID-19 testing is being continuously conducted in the state’s prisons and jails and the Arizona correctional facility.
The latest testing data are as follows:
- Kaua‘i Community Correctional Center: Two positive staff test results; four negative inmate test results.
- Hawai‘i Community Correctional Center (Big Island): Two inmate test results – one positive, one negative.
- Maui Community Correctional Center: 46 staff test results – three positive, 43 negative; 45 negative inmate test results.
- Halawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): 12 inmate test results – one positive, 11 negative; one positive staff test result, five employees have recovered.
- O‘ahu Community Correctional Center: Four positive staff test results, three employees have recovered.
- Waiawa Correctional Facility (O‘ahu): Six negative inmate test results.
Updates for other Public Safety divisions are as follows:
- Sheriff Division: Three positive staff test results.
- Administrative Division (O‘ahu): Two positive staff test results.
The Department of Public Safety continues to encourage all staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
For more detailed inmate testing data, the department’s Pandemic Plan and information about response efforts made to safeguard inmates, staff and the public, visit the DPS’s dedicated COVID-19 webpage.