New Bus Passes Roll Out in January
The Kaua‘i Bus announced that a new and improved design for its 2022 monthly bus passes will take effect Jan. 1, 2022.
The new passes will have a different color each month and will contain a QR code to link riders to the Kaua‘i Bus website, www.thekauaibus.com, where riders can get live tracking information on bus arrival times.
Prices for bus passes will remain the same, as follows:
· One-day passes at $5;
· Monthly passes are $50;
· Annual passes are $550; and
· Half-priced discount passes remain available for seniors ages 65 and over, youth ages 7 to 18, and qualified discount card holders when showing proper identification.
Monthly and one-day bus passes continue to be available for purchase at the following locations:
· Menehune Food Mart in Kekaha, Kapahi, and Kīlauea;
· Aloha Island Mart at the Kapa‘a Shell Gas Station;
· County of Kaua‘i Treasury Division in Līhu‘e;
· The Kaua‘i Bus office in Līhu‘e; and
· At all Big Save and Times supermarkets (non-discount passes only).
Annual bus passes and 10-trip paratransit ticket books are only available at the Kaua‘i Bus office in Līhu‘e. The current, unused scratch-off passes will be valid through Dec. 31, 2022, and are non-refundable.
For more information, visit www.kauai.gov/transportation, the County of Kaua‘i and the Kaua‘i Bus Facebook pages, or call 246-8110.