8 Active COVID-19 Cases Reported Among KCCC Inmates
There are currently eight active COVID-19 cases among inmates at Kauaʻi Community Correctional Center as of Wednesday, Sept. 15.
According to the Public Safety Department, 83 KCCC inmates have recovered from the virus. There are currently no active case among staff with seven recovered.
With a bed capacity of 110, there is currently 116 inmates being housed in the jail.
COVID-19 testing is continuously being conducted in the state prisons and jails as well as in the contracted Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, Ariz. The latest testing updates received for other correctional facilities are as follows:
- Maui Community Correctional Center – 77 inmate test results: Two positive, 75 negative.
- Oʻahu Community Correctional Center – 14 inmate test results: One positive, 13 negative. Two OCCC staff have recovered and returned to work, dropping the total active positive staff cases to 12.
- Women’s Community Correctional Center – 58 negative inmate test results.
- Halawa Correctional Facility – 56 negative inmate test results.
- Hawaiʻi Community Correctional Center – One negative inmate test result.
PSD continues to encourage all staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID-19 vaccination. For more detailed inmate testing data, PSD’s Pandemic Plan and information on response efforts made to safeguard the inmates, staff and public, visit the dedicated COVID-19 webpage here.