KCCC Reports 79 Inmates Recovered from COVID-19
There are currently 10 active COVID-19 cases among inmates within Kauaʻi Community Correctional Center.
As of Sept. 8, the Public Safety Department (DPS) reports 79 prisoners have recovered. There are currently four active infections among KCCC staff and three recovered.
COVID-19 is ongoing throughout all DPS facilities as well as in the contracted Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, Ariz. Officials continue to encourage staff and inmates to voluntarily get tested and receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
The latest testing updates as of Sept. 8 received for the correctional facilities are as follows:
- Oʻahu Community Correctional Center – 45 inmate test results: 12 positive, 33 negative. There was one positive employee case reported.
- Kauaʻi Community Correctional Center – Six inmates tested positive. There were also 16 negative inmate test results and one inmate recovery reported.
- Halawa Correctional Facility – 86 negative inmate test results and 53 negative staff test results were received.
- Women’s Community Correctional Center – 58 negative inmate test results.
- Maui Community Correctional Center – Seven negative inmate test results.
- Hawaiʻi Community Correctional Center – Five negative inmate test results were received.
For more detailed inmate testing data, PSD’s Pandemic Plan and information on response efforts made to safeguard the inmates, staff and public, click here.